06/11/2009

Dark Materials

I have a love/hate relationship with jewellery... basically, I love jewellery and hate the fact I can't afford the jewellery I love. Whilst I don't care for expensive fine jewellery (diamonds are most certainly not my best friends), I do still have a preference for good quality fashion pieces. Hence my personal collection is rather sparse and sorry with a few throwaway bits handmade by me or from vintage/high street shops here and there.

So you can understand why much of my internet meanderings centers around looking at jewellery online - virtually pressing my nose up against the shop window without having to pretend I'm seriously looking to purchase something (or even seriously able to purchase something should I wish). My current obsession centers around pieces with an animal theme, preferably with a macabre edge.



All of the above are on my current Wish List... I especially desire the Unicorn ring from Fleather, which looks amazing when worn three-in-a-row knuckle duster style. The Wolf and the Wild West animal skull rings are both from Alkemie, whose collection (made entirely from reclaimed metals thus bypassing the social and environmental issues surrounding the mining of commodities including metals) is very menagerie-like featuring foxes, owls and stingrays amongst other creatures.

The Stag ring designed by Digby & Iona is slightly more delicate (rather than dainty!) and is also available with diamond encrusted eyes if you are partial to a bit of sparkle. Pamela Love's designs all have a strong fantasy/mythical theme without being mystical (there's a fine line!) and her Bird Skull ring would look great worn with well, anything really. And last but not least there is the Three Skull ring from Delfina Delettrez which is perfect for a winter wardrobe with a gothic twist... it also comes in a single skull and a double skull design, in silver as well as the gunmetal finish shown in the picture. Line them up knuckleduster style on one hand for maximum impact!

No comments:

Post a Comment